Strategic Management: Text and Cases10th Edition
-Improve student learning outcomes using Connect, our easy-to-use homework and learning management solution that embeds learning science and award-winning adaptive tools to improve student results.-Engage students with these features: Learning from Mistakes vignettes, Strategy Spotlights, Insights from Research & Executives, Issues for Debate and Reflecting on Career Implications. It is readable, relevant, and rigorous. -Customize via Create. Select chapters and cases
1. Strategic Management: Creating Competitive Advantages
2. Analyzing the External Environment of the Firm
3. Assessing the Internal Environment of the Firm
4. Recognizing a Firm’s Intellectual Assets: Moving beyond a Firm’s Tangible Resources
PART 2: STRATEGIC FORMULATION
5. Business-Level Strategy: Creating and Sustaining Competitive Advantages
6. Corporate-Level Strategy: Creating Value through Diversification
7. International Strategy: Creating Value in Global Markets
8. Entrepreneurial Strategy and Competitive Dynamics
PART 3: STRATEGIC IMPLEMENTATION
9. Strategic Control and Corporate Governance
10. Creating Effective Organizational Designs
11. Strategic Leadership: Creating a Learning Organization and an Ethical Organization
12. Managing Innovation and Fostering Corporate Entrepreneurship
PART 4: CASE ANALYSIS
13. Analyzing Strategic Management Cases
1. Robin Hood
2. The Global Casino Industry in 2019 (New)
3. Southwest Airlines: Is “LUV” at the limit? (New)
4. ZYNGA: Is the Game Over? (Updated)
5. World Wrestling Entertainment 2019 (Updated)
6. Microfinance: Going Global… And Going Public?
7. FreshDirect: Is It Really Fresh? (Updated)
8. Greenwood Resources: A Global Sustainable Venture in the Making
9. Kickstarter and Crowdfunding 2019 (Updated)
10. QVC in 2019 (Updated)
11. Cirque du Soleil in 2019 (Updated)
12. Pixar (Updated)
13. Heineken (Updated)
14. eBay: Misunderstood? (Updated)
15. Weight Watchers in now WW (Updated)
16. Dippin’ Dots: Is the Future Frozen? (Updated)
17. Tata Starbucks: A Brew for India? (Updated)
18. The Movie Exhibition Industry: 2019 (New)
19. Campbell: How to Keep the Soup Simmering? (Updated)
20. Nintendo: Could the Switch Turn on Gamers? (Updated)
21. Samsung Electronics 2019 (Updated)
22. Emirates Airline (Updated)
23. General Motors in 2019 (Updated)
24. Johnson & Johnson (Updated)
25. Procter & Gamble (Updated)
26. Ascena: Still Struggling in Speciality Retail (Updated)
27. The Boston Beer Company: Brewing up Success? (Updated)
28. McDonald’s in 2019 (Updated)
29. Lime: Is Bike Sharing the Next Uber? (New)
30. United Way Worldwide (Updated)
31. Alibaba Group: Rivals at the Gate? (New)
32. Apple Inc.: Where’s the Next Innovation? (Updated)
33. Jetblue Airways Corporation: Getting Over The “Blues”? (Updated)
34. Ford: An Auto Company In Transition (Updated)
35. Jamba Juice: Focus in on the Menu (Updated)
36. BlackBerry in 2019 (Updated)
37. Venmo: War on Cash? (New)
38. Flipkart: Winnig in India? (New)
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.Learn more
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw-Hill. We have put in place processes to make accessibility and meeting the WCAG AA guidelines part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
In future editions, this rubric will be reformatted to increase accessibility and usability.
McGraw-Hill sites may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are provided as supplementary materials, and for learners’ information and convenience only. McGraw-Hill has no control over and is not responsible for the content or accessibility of any linked website.