The State of Texas: Government, Politics, and Policy5th Edition
By Sherri Mora
Product Details +
* Connect: A highly reliable, easy-to-use homework and learning management solution that embeds learning science and award-winning adaptive tools to improve student results.
* Covers the Learning Outcomes and Core Objectives for GOVT 2306 in a way that makes the program SACS-compliant.
* Incorporates the state Core Objectives and Texas Learning Outcomes.
* The Focus On feature presents students with engaging examples of how the Hispanic and Latino individuals, groups, and culture play an important role in Texas political life.
1. Introduction to Texas History and Politics
2. The American Federal System and the Texas State Constitution
3. The Texas Legislature
4. The Executive Department and the Office of the Governor of Texas
5. The Court System in Texas
6. The Criminal Justice System in Texas
7. Local Governments in Texas
8. Public Opinion and the Media in Texas
9. Voting and Political Participation in Texas
10. Campaigns and Elections in Texas
11. Political Parties in Texas
12. Interest Groups and Lobbying in Texas
13. Public Policy in Texas
14. Financing State Government