Prealgebra & Introductory Algebra, 2nd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Create more lightbulb moments with this comprehensive set of valuable content and insightful, intuitive digital learning resources! This new 2nd edition of the Miller/O'Neill/Hyde Prealgebra and Introductory Algebra text seeks to serve the changing dynamics of today's curriculum by thoughtfully interweaving the topics of two foundational building blocks in students' mathematical journey. The text reflects the compassion of its experienced author team with features developed to address the specific needs of today's prealgebra and introductory algebra students. Included alongside the highly-favorable Problem Recognition Exercises, readers will find added review material, aimed at assisting students with synthesis, summarization, and recognition of key mathematical topics so as to enhance their overall conceptual understanding. These types of exercises, along with the overall number of practice problems and group activities available, permit instructors to choose from a wealth of problems, allowing ample opportunity for students to practice what they learn in lecture to hone their skills.
Chapter 1: Whole Numbers
Chapter 2: Integers and Algebraic Expressions
Chapter 3: Solving Equations
Chapter 4: Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Chapter 5: Decimals
Chapter 6: Ratio, Proportion, and Percent
Chapter 7: Measurement and Geometry
Chapter 8: Introduction to Statistics
Chapter 9: Linear Equations and Inequalities
Chapter 10: Graphing Linear Equations in Two Variables
Chapter 11: Systems of Linear Equations in Two Variables
Chapter 12: Polynomials and Properties of Exponents
Chapter 13: Factoring Polynomials
Chapter 14: Rational Expressions and Equations
Chapter 15: Radicals
Chapter 16: Quadratic Equations, Complex Numbers, and Functions
A.1 Introduction to Probability
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at email@example.com