- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
For eleven editions, Organic Chemistry has been designed to meet the needs of the "mainstream," two-semester, undergraduate organic chemistry course. This best-selling text gives students a solid understanding of organic chemistry by stressing how fundamental reaction mechanisms function and reactions occur.
2 Alkanes and Cycloalkanes: Introduction to Hydrocarbons
3 Alkanes and Cycloalkanes: Conformations and cis–trans Stereoisomers
5 Alcohols and Alkyl Halides: Introduction to Reaction Mechanisms
6 Nucleophilic Substitution
7 Structure and Preparation of Alkenes: Elimination Reactions
8 Addition Reactions of Alkenes
10 Introduction to Free Radicals
11 Conjugation in Alkadienes and Allylic Systems
12 Arenes and Aromaticity
13 Electrophilic and Nucleophilic Aromatic Substitution
15 Organometallic Compounds
16 Alcohols, Diols, and Thiols
17 Ethers, Epoxides, and Sulfides
18 Aldehydes and Ketones: Nucleophilic Addition to the Carbonyl Group
19 Carboxylic Acids
20 Carboxylic Acid Derivatives: Nucleophilic Acyl Substitution
21 Enols and Enolates
25 Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins
26 Nucleosides, Nucleotides, and Nucleic Acids
27 Synthetic Polymers
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources