Medical Office Procedures, 9th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Thoroughly revised and updated, Medical Office Procedures is a text-workbook that introduces and describes the tasks of a medical office assistant's career; teaches records management, medical communications, and scheduling skills; and describes procedures for preparing patients' charts and bills. Practice management, electronic health records, and finances are also addressed. Multi-day simulations provide real-world experience with physician dictation. Managerial skills are also included.
Part 1 The Administrative Medical Assistant's Career
Chapter 1 The Administrative Medical Assistant
Chapter 2 Medical Ethics, Law, and Compliance
Part 2 Administrative Responsibilities
Chapter 3 Office Communications: An Overview of Written and Verbal Communication
Chapter 4 Office Communications: Phone, Scheduling, and Mail
Chapter 5 Managing Health Information
Chapter 6 Office Management
Part 3 Practice Financials
Chapter 7 Insurance and Coding
Chapter 8 Billing, Reimbursement, and Collections
Chapter 9 Practice Finances
Part 4 Preparing for Employment
Chapter 10 Preparing for Employment in the Medical Office
AppendixA: Introduction to Medisoft
AppendixB: Transcription Guidelines
AppendixC: ICD-9-CM Information Glossary
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org