* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Art is part of our lives, from the monuments in our communities, to the fashions we wear and the media images we take in, to the exhibits on display in museums and galleries. It permeates our daily life. But why do we study art? How do we talk about Art?
Living with Art helps students see art in everyday life by fostering a greater understanding and appreciation of art. Taking a step further, Getlein equips students with the tools necessary to analyze, digest, and uphold a life-long enthusiasm for art.
PART ONE: INTRODUCTION
1 Living with Art
2 What Is Art?
3 Themes of Art
PART TWO: THE VOCABULARY OF ART
4 The Visual Elements
5 Principles of Design
PART THREE: TWO-DIMENSIONAL MEDIA
9 Camera and Computer Arts
10 Graphic Design
PART FOUR: THREE-DIMENSIONAL MEDIA
11 Sculpture and Installation
12 Arts of Ritual and Daily Life
PART FIVE: ARTS IN TIME
14 Ancient Mediterranean Worlds
15 Christianity and the Formation of Europe
16 The Renaissance
17 The 17th and 18th Centuries
18 Arts of Islam and of Africa
19 Arts of Asia: India, China, and Japan
20 Arts of the Pacific and of the Americas
21 The Modern World: 1800–1945
22 From Modern to Postmodern
23 Contemporary Art around the World
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.