Introduction to Solid Modeling Using SOLIDWORKS 2022, 18th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Howard and Musto's industry-leading text presents a tutorial-based introduction to solid modeling and the SOLIDWORKS software. Although the tutorials can be followed by anyone interested in learning the software, it is geared toward introductory engineering students or high school students interested in engineering. Accordingly, the examples and problems are based on the authors' experience with teaching engineering students. This new edition is now available in Connect, which includes curated question banks that are assignable as high stakes assessment or unlimited practice problems. These algorithmic, auto-graded banks save faculty time while providing instant feedback to students. Instructors can edit these questions and/or add their own questions to these banks.
CHAPTER 1: Basic Part Modeling Techniques
CHAPTER 2: Engineering Drawings
CHAPTER 3: Additional Part Modeling Techniques
CHAPTER 4: Advanced Part Modeling
CHAPTER 5: Parametric Modeling Techniques
CHAPTER 6: Creation of Assembly Models
CHAPTER 7: Advanced Assembly Operations
CHAPTER 8: Assembly Drawings
Part Two: Applications of SOLIDWORKS®
CHAPTER 9: Generation of 2-D Layouts
CHAPTER 10: Solution of Vector Problems
CHAPTER 11: Analysis of Mechanisms
CHAPTER 12: Design of Molds and Sheet Metal Parts
CHAPTER 13: The Use of SOLIDWORKS® to Accelerate the Product Development Cycle
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources