- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
Human Resource Management: Gaining a Competitive Advantage 12e offers comprehensive coverage of HRM concepts that teach students how to strategically overcome challenges and gain competitive advantage in the workplace. Based on the authors’ diverse research, teaching and consulting experiences, this product has incredibly strong depth and breadth that is current in research and practice simply not found in other texts.
1. Human Resource Management: Gaining a Competitive Advantage
PART 1: The Human Resource Environment
2. Strategic Human Resource Management
3. The Legal Environment: Equal Employment Opportunity and Safety
4. The Analysis and Design of Work
PART 2: Acquisition and Preparation of Human Resources
5. Human Resource Planning and Recruitment
6. Selection and Placement
PART 3: Assessment and Development of Human Resources
8. Performance Management
9. Employee Development
10. Employee Separation and Retention
PART 4: Compensation of Human Resources
11. Pay Structure Decisions
12. Recognizing Employee Contributions with Pay
13. Employee Benefits
PART 5: Special Topics in Human Resource Management
14. Collective Bargaining and Labor Relations
15 Managing Human Resources Globally
16. Strategically Managing the HRM Function
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources