Fit & Well: Core Concepts and Labs in Physical Fitness and Wellness, 15th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Fit & Well gives students the knowledge and skills to make meaningful and lasting behavior changes. The most trusted and proven science-based content in a new edition and digital teaching and learning tools help college students improve their exercise, eating, and stress management habits. Fit & Well is written by experts who work and teach in the fields of exercise science, physical education, and health education. Fit & Well provides accurate, reliable current information on key health and fitness topics while also addressing issues related to mind-body health, diversity, research, and consumer health. UPDATES INFORMED BY STUDENT DATA Changes to this edition reflect new research findings, updated statistics, and current hot topics, like COVID-19, that impact students’ fitness and wellness behaviors. Revisions were also guided by student performance data collected anonymously from the tens of thousands of students who have used SmartBook with Fit & Well. Because virtually every text paragraph is tied to several questions that students answer while using SmartBook, the specific concepts that students are having the most difficulty with can be pinpointed through empirical data. Fit & Well motivates students through Connect and LearnSmart: The digital teaching and learning tools within Connect are built on the solid foundation of Fit & Well's authoritative, science-based content. Fit & Well is written by experts who work and teach in the fields of exercise science, physical education, and health education. Fit & Well provides accurate, reliable current information on key health and fitness topics while also addressing issues related to mind-body health, diversity, research, and consumer health. Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, and how they need it, so that your class time is more engaging and effective.
1. INTRODUCTION TO WELLNESS, FITNESS, AND LIFESTYLE MANAGEMENT
2. PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICAL FITNESS
3. CARDIORESPIRATORY ENDURANCE
4. MUSCULAR STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE
5. FLEXIBILITY AND LOW-BACK HEALTH
6. BODY COMPOSITION
7. PUTTING TOGETHER A COMPLETE FITNESS PROGRAM
9. WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
10. STRESS MANAGEMENT AND SLEEP
11. CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH AND DIABETES
13. SUBSTANCE USE AND MISUSE
14. SEXUAL WELLNESS
15. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
A. INJURY PREVENTION AND PERSONAL SAFETY
B. MONITORING YOUR PROGRESS
BEHAVIOR CHANGE WORKBOOK
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org