Financial Markets and Institutions8th Edition
- Offers a distinct analysis of the risks faced by investors and savers interacting through both financial institutions and financial markets.
- Recognizes that foreign and domestic financial markets are increasingly integrated.
- Provides analytical rigor that is mathematically accessible to students of all levels.
Part 1: INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW OF FINANCIAL MARKETS
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Determinants of Interest Rates
Chapter 3: Interest Rates and Security Valuation
Chapter 4: The Federal Reserve System, Monetary Policy, and InterestRates
Part 2: SECURITIES MARKETS
Chapter 5: Money Markets
Chapter 6: Bond Markets
Chapter 7: Mortgage Markets
Chapter 8: Stock Markets
Chapter 9: Foreign Exchange Markets
Chapter 10: Derivative Securities Markets
Part 3: COMMERCIAL BANKS
Chapter 11: Commercial Banks
Chapter 12: Commercial Banks’ Financial Statements and Analysis
Chapter 13: Regulation of Commercial Banks
Part 4: OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
Chapter 14: Other Lending Institutions
Chapter 15: Insurance Companies
Chapter 16: Securities Firms and Investment Banks
Chapter 17: Investment Companies
Chapter 18: Pension Funds
Chapter 19: Fintech Companies
Part 5: RISK MANAGEMENT IN FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
Chapter 20: Types of Risks Incurred by Financial Institutions
Chapter 21: Managing Credit Risk on the Balance Sheet
Chapter 22: Managing Liquidity Risk on the Balance Sheet
Chapter 23: Managing Interest Rate Risk and Insolvency Risk on theBalance Sheet
Chapter 24: Managing Risk off the Balance Sheet with DerivativeSecurities
Chapter 25: Managing Risk off the Balance Sheet with Loan Sales andSecuritization
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.Learn more
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We have put in place processes to make accessibility and meeting the WCAG AA guidelines part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
In future editions, this rubric will be reformatted to increase accessibility and usability.
McGraw Hill sites may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are provided as supplementary materials, and for learners’ information and convenience only. McGraw Hill has no control over and is not responsible for the content or accessibility of any linked website.