- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
Essential Statistics, 3rd Edition, is designed for an introductory course in statistics. The mathematical prerequisite is basic algebra. In addition to presenting the mechanics of the subject, the authors have endeavored to explain the concepts behind them in a straightforward, clear, and engaging writing style. As practicing statisticians, the authors have done everything possible to ensure that the material is accurate and correct. This text will enable instructors to explore statistical concepts in depth yet remain easy for students to read and understand.
Chapter 2: Graphical Summaries of Data
Chapter 3: Numerical Summaries of Data
Chapter 4: Probability
Chapter 5: Discrete Probability Distributions
Chapter 6: The Normal Distribution
Chapter 7: Confidence Intervals
Chapter 8: Hypothesis Testing
Chapter 9: Inferences on Two Samples
Chapter 10: Tests with Qualitative Data
Chapter 11: Correlation and Regression
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources