Corporate Finance: Core Principles and Applications5th Edition
- Core Principles and Applications was written to convey the most important corporate finance concepts and applications at a level that is approachable to the widest possible audience.
- The well-respected author team is known for the clear, accessible presentation of material that makes this text an excellent teaching tool.
PART ONE OVERVIEW
1. Introduction to Corporate Finance
2. Financial Statements and Cash Flow
3. Financial Statements Analysis and Financial Models
PART TWO VALUATION AND CAPITAL BUDGETING
4. Discounted Cash Flow Valuation
5. Interest Rates and Bond Valuation
6. Stock Valuation
7. Net Present Value and Other Investment Rules
8. Making Capital Investment Decisions
9. Risk Analysis, Real Options, and Capital Budgeting
PART THREE RISK AND RETURN
10. Risk and Return: Lessons from Market History
11. Return and Risk: The Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
12. Risk, Cost of Capital, and Valuation
PART FOUR CAPITAL STRUCTURE AND DIVIDEND POLICY
13. Efficient Capital Markets and Behavioral Challenges
14. Capital Structure: Basic Concepts
15. Capital Structure: Limits to the Use of Debt
16. Dividends and Other Payouts
PART FIVE SPECIAL TOPICS
17. Options and Corporate Finance
18. Short-Term Finance and Planning
19. Raising Capital
20. International Corporate Finance
21. Mergers and Acquisitions (web only)
APPENDIX A Mathematical Tables
APPENDIX B Solutions to Selected End-of-Chapter Problems
APPENDIX C Using the HP 10B and TI BA II Plus Financial Calculators
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
By prompting students to engage with key concepts and by continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control. This increased engagement results in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn More
Available within Connect, SmartBook actively tailors content to the individual student- The more a student interacts with SmartBook, the better it gets to know what they know and what they don’t know, helping students to maximize study time. By providing students with a safe place to make mistakes, showing them the areas they need to work on most, and by giving them consistent, personalized feedback at the exact moment they need it, SmartBook helps them to bridge their knowledge gaps and come to class prepared.Learn More
covering the basic concepts in Math, Statistics, Accounting, Excel, and Economics, these are comprised of animated tutorial modules with quiz questions. Instructors can assign these as homework or include for optional practice, leaving them with more time in class to cover finance topics, and ensure that students do not get left behind.Learn More
Excel Simulation Problems allow students to practice their Excel skills within the context of Corporate Finance. Questions feature animated, narrated Help and Show Me tutorials for students, as well as automatic feedback and grading for both students and professors.
Guided Examples provide narrated and animated, step-by-step walkthroughs of algorithmic versions of assigned problems, providing immediate feedback and focus on the areas where students need the most guidance.
Assignable End-of-Chapter and Test Bank Material
Connect includes direct textbook End-of-Chapter problem material, select Algorithmic problem material, and Test Bank questions. Assign students online homework, test and quiz questions with multiple problem types, algorithmic variation, and randomized question order. This fully integrated solution helps students master the concepts, practice problems and ultimately achieve success.
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.