Biology: The Essentials, 4th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Biology: The Essentials epitomizes what the market has come to recognize as Mariëlle Hoefnagels distinct and student-friendly writing-style. Mariëlle presents up-to-date information through What's the Point?, Why We Care, and Burning Questions; which are pedagogical tools designed to demonstrate to readers, and her own students, that biology is everywhere. Biology: The Essentials offers a broader and more conceptual introduction to biology, simplifying the more complex biological content to the essential elements that students need to act as framework for the details.
1. Scientific Study of Life
2. The Chemistry of Life
4. The Energy of Life
6. Respiration and Fermentation
Unit 2: DNA, Inheritance, and Biotechnology
7. DNA Structure and Gene Function
8. DNA Replication, Binary Fission, and Mitosis9. Sexual Reproduction and Meiosis
10. Patterns of Inheritance
11. DNA Technology
Unit 3: Evolution and Diversity
12. Forces of Evolutionary Change
13. Evidence of Evolution
14. Speciation and Extinction
15. Evolution and Diversity of Microbial Life
16. Evolution and Diversity of Plants
17. Evolution and Diversity of Animals
Unit 4: Ecology
19. Communities and Ecosystems
20. Preserving Biodiversity
Unit 5: Plant Anatomy and Physiology
21. Plant Form and Function
22. Reproduction and Development of Flowering Plants
Unit 6: Animal Anatomy and Physiology
23. Animal Tissues and Organ Systems
24. The Nervous System and the Senses
25. The Endocrine System
26. The Skeletal and Muscular Systems
27. The Circulatory and Respiratory Systems
28. The Digestive and Urinary Systems
29. The Immune System
30. Animal Reproduction and Development
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at email@example.com