Fundamentals of Human Resource Management9th Edition
• Focuses on important HR issues and concepts.
• Applies what they’ve learned using their decision making skills to end-of-chapter exercises and cases.
• Connect: A highly reliable, easy-to-use homework and learning management solution that embeds learning science and award-winning adaptive tools to improve student outcomes.
1 Managing Human Resources
2 Trends in Human Resource Management
3 Providing Equal Employment Opportunity and a Safe Workplace
4 Analyzing Work and Designing Jobs
Part Two Acquiring, Training, and Developing Human Resources
5 Planning for and Recruiting Human Resources
6 Selecting Employees and Placing Them in Jobs
7 Training Employees
8 Developing Employees for Future Success
Part Three Assessing and Improving Performance
9 Creating and Maintaining High-Performance Organizations
10 Managing Employees’ Performance
11 Separating and Retaining Employees
Part Four Compensating Human Resources
12 Establishing a Pay Structure
13 Recognizing Employee Contributions with Pay
14 Providing Employee Benefits
Part Five Meeting Other HR Goals
15 Collective Bargaining and Labor Relations
16 Managing Human Resources Globally
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.Learn more
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.