Financial Accounting, 6th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Don’t you love those moments in your course when students are fully engaged? When the “Aha!” revelations are bursting like fireworks? The authors have developed a unique set of materials based directly on their collective years in the classroom. They’ve brought together best practices by (1) building an Organized Learning Framework for Financial Accounting, (2) reinforcing the Framework in each chapter’s text and end-of-chapter assignments, and (3) enriching that Framework using real-world companies, Excel assignments, General Ledger problems, data analytics tools, and a variety of auto-graded cases. The material is communicated in a student-friendly, concise and conversational writing style. After the proven success of the first five editions of Financial Accounting, we are confident that the sixth edition will not only motivate, engage, and challenge students—it will illuminate the financial accounting course like never before.
Chapter 2: The Accounting Cycle: During the Period
Chapter 3: The Accounting Cycle: End of the Period
Chapter 4: Cash and Internal Controls
Chapter 5: Receivables and Sales
Chapter 6: Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold
Chapter 7: Long-Term Assets
Chapter 8: Current Liabilities
Chapter 9: Long-Term Liabilities
Chapter 10: Stockholders’ Equity
Chapter 11: Statement of Cash Flows
Chapter 12: Financial Statement Analysis
Appendix A: American Eagle Outfitters, Inc., 2020 Annual Report
Appendix B: The Buckle, Inc., 2020 Annual Report
Appendix C: Time Value of Money
Appendix D: Investments
Online Appendix E: International Financial Reporting Standards
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources