Management: A Practical Introduction10th Edition
• Prepare students with career readiness skills using practical and relevant applications all based on real-world sources and student-centered features.
• Create an active learning classroom with a unique turnkey Teaching Resources Manual with detailed lesson plans.
1 The Exceptional Manager: What You Do, How You Do It
2 Management Theory: Essential Background for the Successful Manager
PART 2 The Environment of Management
3 The Manager’s Changing Work Environment and Ethical Responsibilities: Doing the Right Thing
Learning Module 1: Shared Value and Sustainable
Development: A New Way to Think about Leading and Managing
4 Global Management: Managing across Borders
PART 3 Planning
5 Planning: The Foundation of Successful Management
6 Strategic Management: How Exceptional Managers Realize a Grand Design Learning Module 2: Entrepreneurship
7 Individual and Group Decision Making: How Managers Make Things Happen
PART 4 Organizing
8 Organizational Culture and Structure: Drivers of Strategic Implementation
9 Human Resource Management: Getting the Right People for Managerial Success
10 Organizational Change and Innovation: Lifelong Challenges for the Exceptional Manager
PART 5 Leading
11 Managing Individual Differences and Behavior: Supervising People as People
12 Motivating Employees: Achieving Superior Performance in the Workplace
13 Groups and Teams: Increasing Cooperation, Reducing Conflict
14 Power, Influence, and Leadership: From Becoming a Manager to Becoming a Leader
15 Interpersonal and Organizational Communication: Mastering the Exchange of Information
PART 6 Controlling
16 Control Systems and Quality Management: Techniques for Enhancing Organizational Effectiveness
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.Learn more
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.