101 Tips for Online Course Success, 1st Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Arm your students with the strategies they need for success with 101 Tips for Online Course Success. Many students think they are prepared for online classes, in fact they often think they will be easier than on-ground courses, but are they actually ready for the challenges that come with learning online? Help your students manage their time, keep organized, stay motivated, use online resources, use learning management systems, work in groups, and much more! 101 Tips for Online Course Success is everything your students need to succeed in an online or hybrid course. It is their handbook and planner that can complement any online or hybrid course, regardless of the subject matter. It can also be used in student success courses that introduce students to the college experience. Most of the strategies and tips included in this text are also relevant to the onsite courses.
Part 1: Preparing Before the Semester Begins
Part 2: Communicating With Your Professor
Part 3: Using Email
Part 4: Learning Management Systems (LMS)
Part 5: Managing Time and Staying Organized
Part 6: Enhancing Study Skills
Part 7: Writing Assignments
Part 8: Taking Tests/Quizzes Online
Part 9: Working in Groups
Part 10: Staying Motivated Throughout the Semester
Part 11: Using Online Resources
Part 12: Calendars, Contacts, Professional Portfolio, and Notes
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources