- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
For business, engineering, science, and professional students who demand a comprehensive guide to high-growth entrepreneurship, Technology Ventures is the leading resource for analyzing opportunities and building new enterprises. Drawing on the latest academic research and practitioner insights, Technology Ventures integrates clear theoretical frameworks with action-oriented examples and exercises. Its broad perspective on "technology," including clean tech, information technology, and the life sciences - ensures wide-ranging appeal to anyone with an interest in high-potential ventures. Entrepreneurship is playing a vital role in finding solutions to the huge challenges facing civilization, including health, communications, security, infrastructure, education, energy and the environment. Coverage on customer engagement, the customer development process, and the latest insights on business model design, have been expanded. Special attention has been paid to university technology commercialization, open source innovation, and opportunities in mobile, digital health, 3D printing, and energy tech. The organization of key topics such as: intellectual property, the new venture organizations, and marketing and sales, has been enhanced. Also available with this edition are additional web-based resources, including syllabi and presentations, additional cases and business plans, and hundreds of videos of entrepreneurs and leaders.
Part I - Venture Opportunity and Strategy
1) Venture Opportunity and Strategy
3) Vision and the Business Model
4) Competitive Strategy
5) Innovation Strategies
Part II - Concept Development and Venture Formation
6) Concept Development and Venture Formation
7) Risk and Return
8) Creativity and Product Developement
9) Marketing and Sales
10) Types of Ventures
Part III - Intellectual Property, Organizations, and Operations
11) Intellectual Property
12) The New Enterprise Organization
13) Acquiring and Organizing Resources
14) Management of Operations
15) Acquisitions and Global Expansion
Part IV - Financing and Leading the Enterprise
16) Financing and Leading the Enterprise
17) The Financial Plan
18) Sources of Capital
19) Deal Presentations and Negotiations
20) Leading Ventures to Success
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources