Physical Science, 13th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The thirteenth edition of Physical Science continues to serve the needs of non-science majors who are required to complete one or more physical science courses. The text offers students complete coverage of the physical sciences with a level of explanation and detail appropriate for all students. This edition is available in Connect with SmartBook. Instructor resources for this title include: An Instructor's Manual, Learning Objectives, Clicker Questions, Animations/Videos, Presentation Tools Table, Test Builder, and an Instructor's Lab Manual. Application-Based Activities AND Virtual Labs will also be available for this text inside Connect!
4 Heat and Temperature
5 Wave Motions and Sound
8 Atoms and Periodic Properties
9 Chemical Bonds
10 Chemical Reactions
11 Water and Solutions
12 Organic Chemistry
13 Nuclear Reactions
14 The Universe
15 The Solar System
16 Earth in Space
17 Rocks and Minerals
18 Plate Tectonics
19 Building Earth’s Surface
20 Shaping Earth’s Surface
21 Geologic Time
22 The Atmosphere of Earth
23 Weather and Climate
24 Earth’s Waters
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources