An Introduction to Combustion: Concepts and Applications4th Edition
3 Introduction to Mass Transfer
4 Chemical Kinetics
5 Some Important Chemical Mechanisms
6 Coupling Chemical and Thermal Analyses of Reacting Systems
7 Simplified Conservation Equations for Reacting Flows
8 Laminar Premixed Flames
9 Laminar Diffusion Flames
10 Droplet Evaporation and Burning
11 Introduction to Turbulent Flows
12 Turbulent Premixed Flames
13 Turbulent Nonpremixed Flames
14 Burning of Solids
18 Low-Carbon-Intensity Combustion
Appendix A Selected Thermodynamic Properties of Gases Comprising C–H–O–N System
Appendix B Fuel Properties
Appendix C Selected Properties of Air, Nitrogen, and Oxygen
Appendix D Binary Diffusion Coefficients and Methodology for their Estimation
Appendix E Generalized Newton’s Method for the Solution of Nonlinear Equations
Appendix F Computer Codes for Equilibrium Products of Hydrocarbon–Air Combustion
Appendix G Atomic Weights, Physical Constants, and Conversion Factors
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.