Williams' Nutrition for Health, Fitness and Sport, 12th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Nutrition for Health, Fitness and Sport uses a question-answer approach, which is convenient when you may have occasional short periods to study, such as riding a bus or during a lunch break. In addition, the questions are arranged in a logical sequence, the answer to one question often leading into the question that follows. Where appropriate, cross-referencing within the text is used to expand the discussion. No deep scientific background is needed for the chemical aspects of nutrition and energy expenditure,as these have been simplified. Instructors who use this book as a course text may add details of biochemistry as they feel necessary.
1. Introduction to Nutrition for Health, Fitness, and Sports Performance
2. Healthful Nutrition for Fitness and Sport
3. Human Energy
4. Carbohydrates: The Main Energy Food
5. Fat: An Important Energy Source during Exercise
6. Protein: The Tissue Builder
7. Vitamins: Fat-Soluble, Water-Soluble, and Vitamin-LikeCompounds
8. Minerals: The Inorganic Regulators
9. Water, Electrolytes and Temperature Regulation
10. Body Weight and Composition for Health and Sport
11. Weight Maintenance and Loss through Proper Nutrition and Exercise
12. Weight Gaining through Proper Nutrition and Exercise
13. Nutritional Supplements and Ergogenic Aids
Appendix A—Energy Pathways of Carbohydrate,Fat, and Protein
Appendix B—Determination of Healthy Body Weight
Appendix C—Units of Measurement: English System—Metric System Equivalents
Appendix D—Approximate Energy Expenditure (Kcal/Min)by Body Weight Based on the Metabolic Equivalents(METs) for Physical Activity Intensity
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at email@example.com