The Moral of the Story: An Introduction to Ethics, 9th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
The Moral of the Story, 9e continues to bring understanding to difficult concepts in moral philosophy through storytelling and story analysis. To help students apply theories practically, each chapter concludes with a section of Primary Readings with excerpts from classical and contemporary texts, along with a section of Narratives, a collection of stories that illustrate the moral issues raised in the chapter. Study questions are also included throughout the edition. New popular television shows and movies (e.g. The Handmaid’s Tale, The Good Place, Green Book) are related to chapter themes throughout this new edition. The text continues to illustrate moral issues through stories, including many that come from popular culture or current events.
CHAPTER 1: Thinking About Values
CHAPTER 2: Learning Moral Lessons from Stories
CHAPTER 3: Ethical Relativism
CHAPTER 4: Myself or Others?
CHAPTER 5: Using Your Reason, Part 1: Utilitarianism
CHAPTER 6: Using Your Reason, Part 2: Kant’s Deontology
CHAPTER 7: Personhood, Rights, and Justice
CHAPTER 8: Virtue Ethics from Tribal Philosophy to Socrates and Plato
CHAPTER 9: Aristotle’s Virtue Theory: Everything in Moderation
CHAPTER 10: Virtue Ethics and Authenticity: Contemporary Perspectives
CHAPTER 11: Case Studies in Virtue
CHAPTER 12: Different Gender, Different Ethics?
CHAPTER 13: Applied Ethics: A Sampler
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.