McGraw-Hill's Essentials of Federal Taxation 2021 Edition, 12th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
FULLY UPDATED FOR 2020 TAX LAW The bold and innovative McGraw-Hill Taxation series is now the most widely adopted code-based Tax title across the country instructors. It’s apparent why the clear, organized, and engaging delivery of content, paired with the most current and robust tax code updates, is used by more than 600 schools. The breadth of the topical coverage, the story line approach to presenting the material, the emphasis on the tax and non-tax consequences of multiple parties involved in transactions, and the integration of financial and tax accounting topics make this book ideal for the modern tax curriculum. Story line Approach:Each chapter begins with a story line that introduces a set of characters or a business entity facing specific tax-related situations. Examples related to the story line allow students to learn the code in context. Integrated Examples:In addition to providing examples in-context, we provide "What if" scenarios within many examples to illustrate how variations in the facts might or might not change the answers. More than 100 Videos:Guided Example hint videos provide students with on-demand walk-throughs of key Tax topics, offering narrated, animated, step-by-step solutions to algorithmic variants for select exercises similar to those assigned. Conversational Writing Style, Superior Organization, and Real-World Focus
1. An Introduction to Tax
2. Tax Compliance, the IRS, and Tax Authorities
3. Tax Planning Strategies and Related Limitations
Part II: Individual Taxation
4. Individual Income Tax Overview, Dependents, and Filing Status
5. Gross Income and Exclusions
6. Individual For AGI Deductions
7. Individual From AGI Deductions
8. Individual Income Tax Computation and Tax Credits
Part III: Business-Related Transactions
9. Business Income, Deductions, and Accounting Methods
10. Property Acquisition and Cost Recovery
11. Property Dispositions
Part IV: Entity Overview and Taxation of C Corporations
12. Business Entities Overview
13. Corporate Formations and Operations
14. Corporate Non-liquidating and Liquidating Distributions
Part V: Taxation of Flow-Through Entities
15. Forming and Operating Partnerships
16. Dispositions of Partnership Interests and Partnership Distributions
17. S Corporations
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at email@example.com