Ethics in Engineering, 5th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The 5th Edition of Ethics in Engineering is the first text to systemically discuss the global dimension of engineering ethics and includes tools for training students on global ethical competency. It continues the text's strong emphasis on the role of technology and design in shaping ethical decision-making in engineering. Ethics in Engineering provides an introduction to the issues in engineering ethics by placing those issues within a philosophical framework, and it seeks to exhibit their social importance and intellectual challenge. The goal is to stimulate reasoning and to provide the conceptual tools necessary for responsible decision making. The 5th Edition will offer McGraw Hill Connect® for the first time, with eBook.
2 Moral Reasoning and Codes of Ethics
3 Moral Frameworks: A Global Survey
4 Engineering as Social Experimentation
5 Safety, Risk, and Design
6 Workplace Cultures, Responsibilities and Rights
8 Engineering and Environmental Ethics in the Anthropocene
9 Engineering Ethics in the Global Context
10 Technology and Engineering Leadership in Future Societies
Appendix A: General Resources on Engineering Ethics
Appendix B: Sample Codes of Ethics and Guidelines
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources