Section A: Concepts and Techniques for Crafting and Executing Strategy Section A: Introduction and Overview
1 What is Strategy and Why is it Important
2. Charting a Company's Direction
3. Evaluating a Company’s External Environment
Section B: Core Concepts and Analytical Tools
3. Evaluating a Company's External Environment
4. Evaluating a Company's Resources, Capabilities, and Competitiveness
Section C: Crafting a Strategy
5. The Five Generic Competitive Strategies
6. Strengthening a Company's Competitive Position
7. Strategies for Competing in International Markets
8. Corporate Strategy
9. Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, Environmental Sustainability, and Strategy
Section D: Executing the Strategy
10. Building an Organization Capable of Good Strategy Execution: People, Capabilities, and Structure
11. Managing Internal Operations
12. Corporate Culture and Leadership
Cases in Crafting and Executing Strategy
1. Mystic Monk Coffee
2. Airbnb In 2018
3. Wil’s Grill
4. Costco Wholesale in 2018: Mission, Business Model, and Strategy
5. Competition in the Craft Beer Industry in 2018
6. Fixer Upper: Expanding the Magnolia Brand
7. Under Armour’s Turnaround Strategy in 2018: Efforts to Revive North
8. MoviePass—Are Subscribers Loving It to Death?
9. TOMS Shoes: Expanding Its Successful One For One Business Model
10. Lola’s Market: Capturing A New Generation
11. iRobot in 2018: Can the Company Keep the Magic?
12. Chipotle Mexican Grill’s Strategy in 2018: Will the New CEO Be Able to Rebuild Customer Trust and Revive Sales Growth?
13. Twitter Inc. in 2018: Too Little Too Late?
14. Netflix’s Strategy in 2018: Does the Company Have Sufficient Competitive Strength to Fight Off Aggressive Rivals?
15. Walmart’s Expansion into Specialty Online Retailing
16. Amazon.com, Inc.: Driving Disruptive Change in the U.S. Grocery Market
17. Aliexpress: Can It Mount a Global Challenge to Amazon?
18. Tesla Motors in 2018: Will the New Model 3 Save the Company?
19. Mattel Incorporated in 2018: Can Ynon Kreiz Save the Toys?
20. Shearwater Adventures Ltd.
21. TJX Companies: It’s Strategy in Off-Price Home Accessories and Apparel Retailing
22. IKEA’s International Marketing Strategy in China
Section B: Crafting Strategy in Diversified Companies
23. PepsiCo’s Diversification Strategy in 2018: Will the Company’s New Businesses Restore its Growth?
24. The Walt Disney Company: Its Diversification Strategy in 2018
Section C: Implementing and Executing Strategy
25. Robin Hood
26. Dilemma at Devil’s Den
27. Nucor Corporation in 2018: Contending with the Challenges of Low-Cost Foreign Imports and Launching Initiatives to Grow Sales and Market
28. Vail Resorts, Inc.
29. Starbucks in 2018: Striving for Operational Excellence and Innovation
Section D: Strategy, Ethics, and Social Responsibility
30. Concussions in Collegiate and Professional Football: Who Has Responsibility to Protect Players?
31. Chaos at Uber: The New CEO’s Challenge
32. Profiting from Pain: Business and the U.S. Opioid Epidemic