* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Programmable Logic Controllers continues to provide an up-to-date introduction to all aspects of PLC programming, installation, and maintaining procedures. Improvements have been made to every chapter. The content, applied programming examples, instructor/student resources (including lesson PowerPoint presentations with simulated PLC program videos), test generator, LogixPro lab manual, and activities manual. With this edition, students and instructors also have access to McGraw-Hill's digital products - Connect and SmartBook, for the first time! McGraw-Hill's Connect, is also available as an optional, add on item. Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, how they need it, so that class time is more effective. Connect allows the professor to assign homework, quizzes, and tests easily and automatically grades and records the scores of the student's work. Problems are randomized to prevent sharing of answers an may also have a "multi-step solution" which helps move the students' learning along if they experience difficulty.
1) Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs): An Overview
2) PLC Hardware Components
3) Number Systems and Codes
4) Fundamentals of Logic
5) Basics of PLC Programming
6) Developing Fundamental PLC Wiring Diagrams and Ladder Logic Programs
7) Programming Timers<
8) Programming Counters
9) Program Control Instructions
10) Data Manipulation Instructions
11) Math Instructions
12) Sequencer and Shift Register Instructions
13) PLC Installation Practices, Editing, and Troubleshooting
14) Process Control, Network Systems, and SCADA
15) ControlLogix Controllers
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources