Phlebotomy: A Competency Based Approach, 6th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Competencyis within your reach with the new, sixth edition of Phlebotomy: ACompetency-Based Approach. With Phlebotomy’s pedagogy-rich formatand plentiful Learn How features and Competency Checklists, you can easilygrasp not only essential phlebotomy skills and competencies, but also thecritical soft skills needed for a successful transition from classroom to lab.
CHAPTER 2 Safety and Preparedness
CHAPTER 3 Infection Control
CHAPTER 4 Medical Terminology and Abbreviations
CHAPTER 5 Body Systems and Related Laboratory Tests
CHAPTER 6 The Cardiovascular System
CHAPTER 7 Patient and Specimen Requirements
CHAPTER 8 Blood Collection Equipment
CHAPTER 9 Venipuncture
CHAPTER 10 Dermal (Capillary) Puncture
CHAPTER 11 Blood Specimen Handling
CHAPTER 12 Quality Essentials
CHAPTER 13 Special Phlebotomy Procedures
CHAPTER 14 Collection of Non-Blood Specimens
CHAPTER 15 Waived Testing
CHAPTER 16 Practicing Professional Behavior
-APPENDIX A Standard Precautions
-APPENDIX B Transmission-Based Precautions
-APPENDIX C Prefixes, Suffixes, and Word Roots in Commonly Used Medical Terms
-APPENDIX D Abbreviations and Symbols Commonly Used in Medical Notations
-APPENDIX E Medical Laboratory Tests
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources