P.O.W.E.R. Learning: Strategies for Success in College and Life, 9th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
POWER is the only research-based First Year Experience series with a unifying system for students to develop essential critical thinking and problem-solving skills. POWER Learning maximizes students' potential for success in college and life by addressing a diverse student population with real-world examples and applications in the context of their career in an engaging, accessible and meaningful way. Connect tools like SmartBook 2.0’s adaptive reading experience helps solidify students’ understanding of the foundational material, while others like the interactive Application-Based Activities put students in real-world situations to help them apply course concepts.
Chapter 1: POWER: Becoming a Successful Student
Chapter 2: Making the Most of Your Time
Chapter 3: Learning Styles, Self Concept, and Values
Chapter 4: Taking Notes
Chapter 5: Taking Tests
Chapter 6: Reading and Remembering
Chapter 7: Writing and Speaking
Chapter 8: Choosing Your Courses and Majors
Chapter 9: Technology, Distance Learning, and Information Literacy
Chapter 10: Making Good Decisions
Chapter 11: Diversity and Your Relationships
Chapter 12: Money Matters
Chapter 13: Stress, Health, and Wellness
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org