Human Resource Management: Gaining a Competitive Advantage, 13th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Human Resource Management: Gaining a Competitive Advantage 13e offers comprehensive coverage of HRM concepts that teach students how to strategically overcome challenges and gain competitive advantage in the workplace. Based on the authors’ diverse research, teaching and consulting experiences, this product has incredibly strong depth and breadth that is current in research and practice simply not found in other texts.
PART 1: The Human Resource Environment
Chapter 2: Strategic Human Resource Management
Chapter 3: The Legal Environment: Equal Employment Opportunity and Safety
Chapter 4: The Analysis and Design of Work
PART 2: Acquisition and Preparation of Human Resources
Chapter 5: Human Resource Planning and Recruitment
Chapter 6: Selection and Placement
Chapter 7: Training
PART 3: Assessment and Development of Human Resources
Chapter 8: Performance Management
Chapter 9: Employee Development
Chapter 10: Employee Separation and Retention
PART 4: Compensation of Human Resources
Chapter 11: Pay Structure Decisions
Chapter 12: Recognizing Employee Contributions with Pay
Chapter 13: Employee Benefits
PART 5: Special Topics in Human Resource Management
Chapter 14: Collective Bargaining and Labor Relations
Chapter 15: Managing Human Resources Globally
Chapter 16: Strategically Managing the HRM Function
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources