Fundamentals of Cost Accounting, 7th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Developing Skills for the classroom and beyond: Fundamentals of Cost Accounting lets the student see the development of cost accounting tools and techniques as a natural response to decision making. Using a procedural approach, the material in the text is presented from the perspective of both the preparer of information and the user of the information. This allows both accounting majors and those students planning other careers to appreciate the issues from both sides.
Chapter One: Cost Accounting: Information for Decision Making
Chapter Two: Cost Concepts and Behavior
COST ANALYSIS AND ESTIMATION
Chapter Three: Fundamentals of Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
Chapter Four: Fundamentals of Cost Analysis for Decision Making
Chapter Five: Cost Estimation
COST MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Chapter Six: Fundamentals of Product and Service Costing
Chapter Seven: Job Costing
Chapter Eight: Process Costing
Chapter Nine: Activity-Based Costing
Chapter Ten: Fundamentals of Cost Management
Chapter Eleven: Service Department and Joint Cost Allocation
MANAGEMENT CONTROL SYSTEMS
Chapter Twelve: Fundamentals of Management Control Systems
Chapter Thirteen: Planning and Budgeting
Chapter Fourteen: Business Unit Performance Measurement
Chapter Fifteen: Transfer Pricing
Chapter Sixteen: Fundamentals of Variance Analysis
Chapter Seventeen: Additional Topics in Variance Analysis
Chapter Eighteen: Performance Measurement to Support Business Strategy
APPENDIX: Capital Investment Decisions: An Overview
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources