Anatomy & Physiology: An Integrative Approach, 3rd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
McKinley/O'Loughlin/Bidle's Anatomy and Physiology: An Integrative Approach 3e brings multiple elements of the study of A&P together in unique ways that maximize understanding. Covering anatomy and physiology in each chapter, the text emphasizes the interdependence of body systems by weaving prior coverage of one system into textual explanations of how other systems work. All figures are carefully designed to support the text narrative, and they carry brief textual explanations to make figures self-contained study tools. The text helps students apply chapter content by using clinical examples that show students what can go wrong in the body, crystalizing their understanding of the "norm." Mini self-tests at the end of each section assess students’ grasp of the material, and end-of-chapter assessments encourage students to apply and synthesize what they have learned. Career opportunities for A&P students are highlighted at the beginning of each chapter. Practical advice for remembering material is included throughout, and chapters end with a summary of available media tools.
1. The Sciences of Anatomy and Physiology
2. Atoms, Ions, and Molecules
3. Energy, Chemical Reactions, and Cellular Respiration
4. Biology of the Cell
5. Tissue Organization
6. Integumentary System
7. Skeletal System: Bone Structure and Function
8. Skeletal System: Axial and Appendicular Skeleton
9. Skeletal System: Articulations
10. Muscle Tissue
11. Muscular System: Axial and Appendicular Muscles
12. Nervous System: Nervous Tissue
13. Nervous System: Brain and Cranial Nerves
14. Nervous System: Spinal Cord and Spinal Nerves
15. Nervous System: Autonomic Nervous System
16. Nervous System: Senses
17. Endocrine System
18. Cardiovascular System: Blood
19. Cardiovascular System: Heart
20. Cardiovascular System: Vessels and Circulation
21. Lymphatic System
22. The Immune System and the Body's Defense
23. Respiratory System
24. Urinary System
25. Fluid and Electrolytes
26. Digestive System
27. Nutrition and Metabolism
28. Reproductive System
29. Development,Pregnancy, and Heredity
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at email@example.com