Understanding Business: The Core, 2nd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
You asked for it – you got it! Based on the market leading gold standard product, Nickels, Understanding Business 12e, Understanding Business: The Core 2e provides a fully revised product with fewer chapters. Reviewers asked for fewer chapters and to include a chapter on using technology, particularly social media. Understanding Business: The Core 2e is now 16 chapters. Here’s how we did it: • Chapter 1, Taking Risks and Making Profits within the Dynamic Business Environment, and Chapter 2, Understanding Economics, were condensed and combined to create Chapter 1, Exploring the Business Environment and Economics. The coverage of current trends was deleted since it is covered in other chapters. • Chapter 11, Human Resource Management: Finding and Keeping the Best Employees, and Chapter 12, Dealing with Employee–Management Issues, were condensed and combined to create Chapter 10, Human Resource Management: Finding and Keeping the Best Employees. • Chapter 16, Financial Management, was combined with Chapter 17, Using Securities Markets for Financing and Investing Opportunities, to create Chapter 15, Financial Management. This revised chapter retains the material about selling stocks and bonds to raise capital. The content about investing in stocks and bonds was moved to Bonus Chapter C Managing Personal Finances and Investing. • Bonus Chapter B, Using Technology to Manage Business, was expanded and promoted to the main text as Chapter 13, Using Technology to Manage Information. • Bonus Chapter C, Managing Personal Finance and Investing, was expanded to include a condensed version of the content regarding investing in stocks and bonds that was moved from the former Securities Markets chapter.
2. Doing Business in Global Markets
3. Demanding Ethical and Socially Responsible Behavior
4. How to Form a Business
5. Entrepreneurship and Starting a Small Business
6. Management and Leadership
7. Structuring Organizations for Today’s Challenges
8. Production and Operations Management
9. Motivating Employees
10. Human Resource Management: Finding and Keeping the Best Employees
11. Marketing: Helping Buyers Buy
12. Managing the Marketing Mix: Product, Price, Place, and Promotion
13. Using Technology to Manage Information
14. Understanding Accounting and Financial Information
15. Financial Management
16. Money, Financial Institutions, and the Federal Reserve
Bonus A. Working within the Legal Environment
Bonus B. Managing Risk
Bonus C. Managing Personal Finances & Investing
Epilogue. Getting the Job You Want
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org