- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
Strategic Management: Creating Competitive Advantages, Tenth Edition, written by authors Dess, McNamara, Eisner, and Lee continues its tradition of being readable, relevant, and rigorous. Its engaging writing style minimizes jargon to maximize readability. It provides examples from management practice and societal themes including environmental sustainability, ethics, globalization, entrepreneurship, and data analytics to make the content relevant. It draws on the latest research by management scholars and insights from executives to balance accessibility with rigor. This version does not include the text and 38 cases. They provide separate chapters on the role of intellectual assets in value creation (Ch. 4), entrepreneurial strategy and competitive dynamics (Ch. 8), and fostering entrepreneurship in established organizations (Ch. 12).
1. Strategic Management: Creating Competitive Advantages
2. Analyzing the External Environment of the Firm
3. Assessing the Internal Environment of the Firm
4. Recognizing a Firm’s Intellectual Assets: Moving beyond a Firm’s Tangible Resources
PART 2: STRATEGIC FORMULATION
5. Business-Level Strategy: Creating and Sustaining Competitive Advantages
6. Corporate-Level Strategy: Creating Value through Diversification
7. International Strategy: Creating Value in Global Markets
8. Entrepreneurial Strategy and Competitive Dynamics
PART 3: STRATEGIC IMPLEMENTATION
9. Strategic Control and Corporate Governance
10. Creating Effective Organizational Designs
11. Strategic Leadership: Creating a Learning Organization and an Ethical Organization
12. Managing Innovation and Fostering Corporate Entrepreneurship
PART 4: CASE ANALYSIS
13. Analyzing Strategic Management Cases
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources