Peak Performance: Success in College and Beyond, 12th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The 12th edition of Peak Performance continues to provide students with common-sense strategies for excelling in school, career, and life. Peak Performance delivers the essential tools for managing time and resources by showing students how to • Empower themselves to feel that they belong in college through the power of grit, perseverance, and resiliency. • Learn to acknowledge, name, and manage emotions in a positive way. • Practice a positive, open mindset that focuses on growth, learning, and effort. • Learn how habits work and how to replace counter-productive habits with positive habits that will help them in college and beyond. • Learn to integrate all learning styles and critical and creativity for maximum success. • Learn how to seek out mutual support and resources on campus for challenges new students face and remain persistent in pursuit of their goals. • Focus sustained effort to cultivate essential qualities for school, job, and life success.
PART ONE: Building Foundation Skills
Chapter 1: Be a Lifelong Learner
Chapter 2: Build Peak Habits
Chapter 3: Expand Your Emotional Intelligence
Chapter 4: Manage Your Time
Chapter 5: Maximize Your Resources
PART TWO: Basic Skills and Strategies
Chapter 6: Listen and Take Effective Notes
Chapter 7: Actively Read
Chapter 8: Improve Your Memory Skills
Chapter 9: Excel at Taking Tests
Chapter 10: Express Yourself in Writing and Speech
PART THREE: Application
Chapter 11: Become a Critical Thinker and Creative Problem Solver
Chapter 12: Create a Healthy Mind, Body, and Spirit
Chapter 13: Build Supportive and Diverse Relationships
Chapter 14: Explore Majors and Careers
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources