- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
FULLY UPDATED FOR 2018 TAX LAW & TCJA REFORM The bold and innovative McGraw-Hill Taxation series is now the most widely adopted code-based Tax title across the country instructors. It’s apparent why the clear, organized, and engaging delivery of content, paired with the most current and robust tax code updates, is used by more than 600 schools. The breadth of the topical coverage, the storyline approach to presenting the material, the emphasis on the tax and nontax consequences of multiple parties involved in transactions, and the integration of financial and tax accounting topics make this book ideal for the modern tax curriculum. Storyline Approach: Each chapter begins with a storyline that introduces a set of characters or a business entity facing specific tax-related situations. Examples related to the storyline allow students to learn the code in context. Integrated Examples: In addition to providing examples in-context, we provide "What if" scenarios within many examples to illustrate how variations in the facts might or might not change the answers. More than 100 Videos: Guided Example hint videos provide students with on-demand walk-throughs of key Tax topics, offering narrated, animated, step-by-step solutions to algorithmic variants for select exercises similar to those assigned. Conversational Writing Style, Superior Organization, and Real-World Focus
1. Business Income, Deductions, and Accounting Methods
2. Property Acquisition and Cost Recovery
3. Property Dispositions
Part II: Entity Overview and Taxation of C Corporations
4. Entities Overview
5. Corporate Operations
6. Accounting for Income Taxes
7. Corporate Taxation: Nonliquidating Distributions
8. Corporate Formation, Reorganization, and Liquidation
Part III: Taxation of Flow-Through Entities
9. Forming and Operating Partnerships
10. Dispositions of Partnership Interests and Partnership Distributions
11. S Corporations
Part IV: Multijurisdictional Taxation and Transfer Taxes
12. State and Local Taxes
13. The U.S. Taxation of Multinational Transactions
14. Transfer Taxes and Wealth Planning
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources