Marriage and Family: The Quest for Intimacy, 10th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Marriage & Family: The Quest for Intimacy is the essential textbook and practical guide to marriage and family life that explores the context and meaning of intimate relationships and how they are formed, the dynamics of marriage, and the nature and challenges of family relationships in all their stages.
CHAPTER 1: MARRIAGE AND FAMILY IN AMERICA: NEEDS, MYTHS, AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 2: DIVERSITY IN FAMILIES
CHAPTER 3: GENDER ROLES: FOUNDATION FOR INTIMACY
CHAPTER 4: SEXUALITY
PART TWO: SEEKING INTIMATE RELATIONSHIPS
CHAPTER 5: GETTING INVOLVED
CHAPTER 6: FALLING IN LOVE
CHAPTER 7: SELECTING A LIFE PARTNER
PART THREE: INTIMACY IN MARRIAGE AND FAMILY LIFE
CHAPTER 8: GETTING MARRIED
CHAPTER 9: THE CHALLENGE OF COMMUNICATION
CHAPTER 10: POWER AND CONFLICT IN MARRIAGE
CHAPTER 11: WORK AND HOME
CHAPTER 12: BECOMING A PARENT
PART FOUR: CHALLENGES TO INTIMACY
CHAPTER 13: FAMILY CRISES
CHAPTER 14: SEPARATION AND DIVORCE
CHAPTER 15: REMARRIAGE AND STEPFAMILIES
PART FIVE: THE LIFELONG QUEST
CHAPTER 16: INTIMACY IN THE LATER YEARS
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources