Marine Biology, 12th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Marine Biology covers the basics of marine biology with a global approach, using examples from numerous regions and ecosystems worldwide. This introductory, one-semester text is designed for non-majors. Authors Castro and Huber have made a special effort to include solid basic science content needed in a general education course, including the fundamental principles of biology, the physical sciences, and the scientific method. This science coverage is integrated with a stimulating, up-to-date overview of marine biology.
Chapter 2 The Sea Floor
Chapter 3 Chemical and Physical Features of the World Ocean
Chapter 4 Fundamentals of Biology
Chapter 5 The Microbial World
Chapter 6 Multicellular Primary Producers: Seaweeds and Plants
Chapter 7 Marine Animals Without a Backbone
Chapter 8 Marine Fishes
Chapter 9 Marine Reptiles, Birds, and Mammals
Chapter 10 An Introduction to Marine Ecology
Chapter 11 Between the Tides
Chapter 12 Estuaries: Where Rivers Meet the Sea
Chapter 13 Life on the Continental Shelf
Chapter 14 Coral Reefs
Chapter 15 Life Near the Surface
Chapter 16 The Ocean Depths
Chapter 17 Resources from the Sea
Chapter 18 The Impact of Humans on the Marine Environment
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.