Intimate Relationships, 9th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Intimate Relationships is a comprehensive survey of relationship science that draws on social psychology, communication studies, family studies, sociology, clinical psychology, neuroscience, demography, and economics. The ninth edition has unmatched currency and breadth. It has new or substantially expanded treatment of gender, sexual orientation, consensual non-monogamy, and transgender individuals' relationships. It speaks to, and includes, everyone. From back burner relationships to stealthing and selfishness and on to humility and life history theory, everything new and cutting-edge in relationship science is here.
CHAPTER 1 THE BUILDING BLOCKS of RELATIONSHIPS
CHAPTER 2 RESEARCH METHODS
CHAPTER 3 ATTRACTION
CHAPTER 4 SOCIAL COGNITION
CHAPTER 5 COMMUNICATION
CHAPTER 6 INTERDEPENDENCY
CHAPTER 7 FRIENDSHIP
CHAPTER 8 LOVE
CHAPTER 9 SEXUALITY
CHAPTER 10 STRESSES AND STRAINS
CHAPTER 11 CONFLICT
CHAPTER 12 POWER AND VIOLENCE
CHAPTER 13 THE DISSOLUTION AND LOSS OF RELATIONSHIPS
CHAPTER 14 MAINTAINING AND REPAIRING RELATIONSHIPS
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources