The Humanities through the Arts, 11th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
The Humanities Through the Arts examines how values are revealed in the arts while keeping in mind a basic question: “What is art?” It binds us together as a people by revealing the most important values of our culture. This program’s genre-based approach offers students the opportunity to understand the relationship of the arts to human values by examining, in-depth, each of the major artistic media: painting, sculpture, architecture, literature, theater, music, dance, photography, cinema, and television and video art. Subject matter, form, and content in each of the arts supply the framework for careful analysis. All of this is achieved with an exceptionally vivid and complete illustration program.
The wide range of opportunities for criticism and analysis helps the reader synthesize the complexities of the arts and their interaction with values of many kinds. The text contains detailed discussion and interactive responses to the problems inherent in a close study of the arts and values of our time.
Chapter 1 The Humanities: An Introduction
Chapter 2 What Is a Work of Art?
Chapter 3 Being a Critic of the Arts
Part 2 The Arts
Chapter 4 Painting
Chapter 5 Sculpture
Chapter 6 Architecture
Chapter 7 Literature
Chapter 8 Theater
Chapter 9 Music
Chapter 10 Dance
Chapter 11 Photography
Chapter 12 Cinema
Chapter 13 Television and Video Art
Part 3 Interrelationships
Chapter 14 Is It Art or Something Like It?
Chapter 15 The Interrelationships of the Arts
Chapter 16 The Interrelationships of the Humanities
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
- Quick Setup
- Lives within the LMS
- Assignable Readings
- Auto-Graded Chapter Questions
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.