Heat and Mass Transfer: Fundamentals and Applications, 6th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
With complete coverage of the basic principles of heat transfer and a broad range of applications in a flexible format, Heat and Mass Transfer: Fundamentals and Applications, by Yunus Cengel and Afshin Ghajar provides the perfect blend of fundamentals and applications. The text provides a highly intuitive and practical understanding of the material by emphasizing the physics and the underlying physical phenomena involved. This text covers the standard topics of heat transfer with an emphasis on physics and real-world every day applications, while de-emphasizing mathematical aspects. This approach is designed to take advantage of students' intuition, making the learning process easier and more engaging. McGraw-Hill Education's Connect, is also available as an optional, add on item. Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, how they need it, so that class time is more effective. Connect allows the professor to assign homework, quizzes, and tests easily and automatically grades and records the scores of the student's work. Problems are randomized to prevent sharing of answers an may also have a "multi-step solution" which helps move the students' learning along if they experience difficulty.
1) Introduction and Basic Concepts
2) Heat Conduction Equation
3) Steady Heat Conduction
4) Transient Heat Conduction
5) Numerical Methods in Heat Conduction
6) Fundamentals of Convection
7) External Forced Convection
8) Internal Forced Convection
9) Natural Convection
10) Boiling and Condensation
11) Heat Exchangers
12) Fundamentals of Thermal Radiation
13) Radiation Heat Transfer
14) Mass Transfer
15) Cooling of Electronic Equipment (Online Chapter)
16) Heating and Cooling of Buildings (Online Chapter)
17) Refrigeration and Freezing of Foods (Online Chapter)
Appendix 1 - Property Tables and Charts (SI Units)
Appendix 2 - Property Tables and Charts (English Units)
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.