* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Fundamentals of Taxation emphasizes a hands-on approach to tax education. It's a Taxation textbook designed to expose beginning tax students to tax law, but to also teach the practical intricacies involved in the preparation of tax forms and tax returns.
To train tomorrow's tax preparers to handle the complex U.S. tax law, the Fundamentals of Taxation textbook and Connect author team have devised four primary teaching advantages:
- Organized to closely follow the IRS tax forms. Actual tax forms are incorporated throughout the text, giving students the opportunity to understand the principles behind tax law while they learn how to work with clients to obtain the information they will need to complete tax forms.
- Proper reporting of tax issues are illustrated. The authors present a tax issue, discuss the legal requirements, illustrate the proper tax form placement, and show the completed form in the text, mixing practical and legal implications of tax preparation.
- Integration of an individual income tax software package (TaxACT).
- The authors supplement the text with citations of relevant tax authorities, such as the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury Regulations, Revenue Rulings, Revenue Procedures, and court cases.
Ch. 2 Expanded Tax Formula, Form 1040, and Basic Concepts
Ch. 3 Gross Income: Inclusions and Exclusions
Ch. 4 Adjustments for Adjusted Gross Income
Ch. 5 Itemized Deductions
Ch. 6 Self-Employed Business Income (Line 12 of Schedule 1 and Schedule C)
Ch. 7 Capital Gains and Other Sales of Property (Schedule D and Form 4797)
Ch. 8 Rental Property, Royalties, and Income from Flow-Through Entities (Line 17, Schedule 1, and Schedule E)
Ch. 9 Tax Credits (Schedule 3, lines 48 through 54, and Schedule 5, lines 70 through 74)
Ch. 10 Payroll Taxes
Ch. 11 Retirement and Other Tax-Deferred Plans and Annuities
Ch. 12 Special Property Transactions
Ch. 13 At-Risk/Passive Activity Loss Rules and the Individual Alternative Minimum Tax
Ch. 14 Partnership Taxation
Ch. 15 Corporate Taxation
Appendix A: Amended Tax Returns (Form 1040X)
Appendix B: Comprehensive Problems
Appendix C: Concept Check Answers
Appendix D: IRS Tax Tables
Appendix E: IRS Tax Forms
Appendix F: 2018 Federal Income Tax
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.