Fit & Well: Core Concepts and Labs in Physical Fitness and Wellness - Brief Edition, 14th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Fit & Well gives students the knowledge and skills to make meaningful and lasting behavior changes. The most trusted and proven science-based content in a new edition and digital teaching and learning tools help college students improve their exercise, eating, and stress management habits. Fit & Well is written by experts who work and teach in the fields of exercise science, physical education, and health education. Fit & Well provides accurate, reliable current information on key health and fitness topics while also addressing issues related to mind-body health, diversity, research, and consumer health. UPDATES INFORMED BY STUDENT DATA Changes to the 14th edition reflect new research findings, updated statistics, and current hot topics that impact students’ fitness and wellness behaviors. Revisions were also guided by student performance data collected anonymously from the tens of thousands of students who have used SmartBook with Fit & Well. Because virtually every text paragraph is tied to several questions that students answer while using SmartBook, the specific concepts that students are having the most difficulty with can be pinpointed through empirical data. Fit & Well motivates students through Connect and LearnSmart: The digital teaching and learning tools within Connect are built on the solid foundation of Fit & Well's authoritative, science-based content. Fit & Well is written by experts who work and teach in the fields of exercise science, physical education, and health education. Fit & Well provides accurate, reliable current information on key health and fitness topics while also addressing issues related to mind-body health, diversity, research, and consumer health. Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, and how they need it, so that your class time is more engaging and effective.
CHAPTER 1: Introduction to Wellness, Fitness, and Lifestyle Management
CHAPTER 2: Principles of Physical Fitness
CHAPTER 3: Cardiorespiratory Endurance
CHAPTER 4: Muscular Strength and Endurance
CHAPTER 5: Flexibility and Low-Back Health
CHAPTER 6: Body Composition
CHAPTER 7: Putting Together a Complete Fitness Program
CHAPTER 8: Nutrition
A: Injury Prevention and Personal Safety
B: Monitoring Your Progress
Behavior Change Workbook
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources