Essentials of The Living World, 7th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Johnson’s Essentials of The Living World text is written with an emphasis on the "how” and “why” of Biology, focusing on concepts rather than terminology and technical information. Utilizing a clear, straightforward writing style, the text helps students apply scientific principles to daily life. The 7th edition includes contributions and pedagogy from new coauthor, Dr. Joel Bergh.
Part 1 The Study of Life
1 The Science of Biology
Part 2 The Living Cell
2 The Chemistry of Life
3 Molecules of Life
5 Energy and Life
6 Photosynthesis: Acquiring Energy from the Sun
7 How Cells Harvest Energy from Food
Part 3 The Continuity of Life
10 Foundations of Genetics
11 DNA: The Genetic Material
12 How Genes Work
13 The New Biology
Part 4 The Evolution and Diversity of Life
14 Evolution and Natural Selection
15 Exploring Biological Diversity
16 Evolution of Microbial Life
17 Evolution of Plants
18 Evolution of Animals
Part 5 The Living Environment
19 Populations and Communities
21 Behavior and the Environment
22 How Humans Influence the Living World
Part 6 Animal Life
23 The Animal Body and How It Moves
24 Circulation and Respiration
25 The Path of Food Through the Animal Body
26 Maintaining the Internal Environment
27 How the Animal Body Defends Itself
28 The Nervous System
29 Chemical Signaling Within the Animal Body
30 Reproduction and Development
Part 7 Plant Life
31 Plant Form and Function
32 Plant Reproduction and Growth
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.