Cultural Anthropology, 19th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Now in its 19th edition, Cultural Anthropology: Appreciating Cultural Diversity is an introduction to sociocultural anthropology, also covering linguistic and applied anthropology. While presenting cultural anthropology's core concepts and topics, the text also aims to demonstrate anthropology's relevance to the 21st-century world we inhabit. The subtitle of the text reflects its goal of instilling a sense of appreciation: (1) of cultural diversity, (2) of cultural anthropology as a field, and (3) of how an anthropological approach can build on, and help make sense of, the experience that students bring to the classroom.
1 WHAT IS ANTHROPOLOGY?
3 METHOD AND THEORY IN CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY
4 APPLYING ANTHROPOLOGY
PART 2 APPRECIATING CULTURAL DIVERSITY
5 LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION
6 ETHNICITY AND RACE
7 MAKING A LIVING
8 POLITICAL SYSTEMS
10 FAMILIES, KINSHIP, AND DESCENT
13 ARTS, MEDIA, AND SPORTS
PART 3 THE CHANGING WORLD
14 THE WORLD SYSTEM, COLONIALISM, AND INEQUALITY
15 ANTHROPOLOGY’S ROLE IN A GLOBALIZING WORLD
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
- Quick Setup
- Lives within the LMS
- Assignable Readings
- Auto-Graded Chapter Questions
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.