Connect Core Concepts in Health, BRIEF, BOUND Edition, 18th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Connect Core Concepts in Health remains the leading health textbook in U.S. higher education. The book's unique psychological approach to mind-body health encourages students to take proactive self-assessments. Students can stay current on the latest studies while learning how to negotiate cross-cultural ideas of what it means to be healthy and how to live in our diverse, consumer-oriented society. McGraw Hill's Connect platform provides a wide array of digital assets that support and integrate Connect Core Concepts in Health's authoritative, science-based content.
Chapter 2: Stress: The Constant Challenge
Chapter 3: Psychological Health
Chapter 4: Sleep
Chapter 5: Intimate Relationships and Communication
Chapter 6: Sex and Pregnancy
Chapter 7: Contraception and Abortion
Chapter 8: Drug Use and Addiction
Chapter 9: Alcohol and Nicotine
Chapter 10: Nutrition Basics
Chapter 11: Exercise for Health and Fitness
Chapter 12: Weight Management
Chapter 13: Cardiovascular Health and Cancer
Chapter 14: Immunity and Infection
Chapter 15: Environmental Health
Chapter 16: Conventional and Complementary Medicine
Chapter 17: Personal Safety
Chapter 18: The Challenge of Aging
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources