* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Comprehensive School Health Education, provides everything needed to teach health in grades K-12. The authors continue to offer their dynamic and empowering approach to teaching health skills. This book includes lesson plans, online and app-based tools for assessment, and Totally Awesome Teaching Strategies masters - a curriculum tool aligned with National Health Education Standards and CDC guidelines for health education. This edition also introduces the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model from the CDC and ASCD
CHAPTER 1: A Nation at Risk: The Need for Comprehensive School Health Education
CHAPTER 2: School Health Services and Healthful School Environment: Promoting and Protecting Health and Safety
CHAPTER 3: The Comprehensive School Health Education Curriculum: A Blueprint for Implementing the National Health Education Standards
CHAPTER 4: Instructional Strategies and Technologies: Motivating Students to Learn
CHAPTER 5: Mental and Emotional Health
CHAPTER 6: Family and Social Health
CHAPTER 7: Growth and Development
CHAPTER 8: Nutrition
CHAPTER 9: Personal Health and Physical Activity
CHAPTER 10: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
CHAPTER 11: Communicable and Chronic Diseases
CHAPTER 12: Consumer and Community Health
CHAPTER 13: Environmental Health
CHAPTER 14: Injury Prevention and Safety
CHAPTER 15: Using the Totally Awesome Teaching Strategies
CHAPTER 16: Using the Meeks Heit K-12 Health Education Curriculum Guide
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.