Compensation, 14th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Best selling title. Takes a three-pronged approach to compensation by focusing on theory, research, and practice. The 14th edition continues to emphasize the importance of total compensation and its relevance for achieving sustainable competitive advantage. Updates reflect new compensation research that has been published since the 13th edition.
Chapter 1: The Pay Model
Chapter 2: Strategy: The Totality of Decisions
PART II: Internal Alignment: Determining the Structure
Chapter 3: Defining Internal Alignment
Chapter 4: Job Analysis
Chapter 5: Job-Based Structures and Job Evaluation
Chapter 6: Person-Based Structures
PART III: External Competitiveness: Determining the Pay Level
Chapter 7: Defining Competitiveness
Chapter 8: Designing Pay Levels, Mix, and Pay
PART IV: Employee Contributions: Determining Individual Pay
Chapter 9: Pay-for-Performance: Theory and Evidence
Chapter 10: Pay-for-Performance: Types of Plans
Chapter 11: Performance Appraisals
PART V: Employee Benefits
Chapter 12: The Benefit Determination Process
Chapter 13: Benefit Options
PART VI: Extending the System
Chapter 14: Compensation of Special Groups: Executives and Others
Chapter 15: Union Role in Wage and Salary Administration
Chapter 16: International Pay Systems
PART VII: Managing the System
Chapter 17: Government and Legal Issues in Compensation
Chapter 18: Management: Making It Work
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org