Business Communication, 13th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Business Communication supports the high standard of business communication that is relevant to today’s modernized workplace. While staying true to its tradition, the 13th edition vastly streamlines and updates the chapter content and organization, making the text more elegant and usable. The text’s foundation is its rhetorical approach, underscoring in each chapter the importance of analyzing each communication situation in terms of audience, purpose, and context. This approach empowers students to shape their messages effectively—no matter the channel. Besides numerous chapter-ending exercises, McGraw Hill's Connect provides exercises that further reinforce the concepts.
Chapter 1: Succeeding in Business Communication
Chapter 2: Using Goodwill for Effective Communication
Part Two: The Communication Process
Chapter 3: Researching and Evaluating Source Material
Chapter 4: Planning, Composing, and Revising
Chapter 5: Communicating across Cultures
Chapter 6: Working and Writing in Teams
Part Three: Design of Communication
Chapter 7: Designing Documents
Chapter 8: Creating Effective Visuals
Part Four: Basic Business Messages
Chapter 9: Crafting Informative and Positive Messages
Chapter 10: Crafting Negative Messages
Chapter 11: Crafting Persuasive Messages
Part Five: Common Genres
Chapter 12: Developing Proposals
Chapter 13: Writing Reports
Chapter 14: Making Oral Presentations
Part Six: The Job Hunt
Chapter 15: Developing Job Application Materials
Chapter 16: Interviewing, Writing Follow-Up Messages, and Succeeding in the Job
A: Formatting Letters and Email Messages
B: Writing Correctly
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources