Building a Business with a Beat: Leadership Lessons from Jazzercise—An Empire Built on Passion, Purpose, and Heart, 1st Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Transform your passion into a profitable business—with the help of the legendary entrepreneur who turned an innovative idea into a $100 million global powerhouse. Judi Sheppard Missett is a fitness icon who, at just three years old, discovered a passion for dance that would eventually fuel a global dance fitness empire. After an early life spent honing her dancing skills and a career as a professional jazz dancer, Judi had an epiphany: why not combine the art of jazz dancing with the science of exercise to help others achieve a healthier, happier self-image and life? The wildly enthusiastic response from her first 15 students inspired her to launch Jazzercise, Inc., the world’s leading dance fitness program with a cumulative $2 billion in global sales. In Building a Business with Beat, Judi reveals for the first time the secrets behind the company’s five decades of enormous success. In addition to helping millions of men and women improve their health and well-being through the fun and fitness of dance, Judi has inspired 8,500 franchisees to achieve their dream of owning and running their own business. Now, through powerful personal stories, practical proven-successful advice and insights, Judi shares how you, too, can transform your passion into a profitable business. This inspirational guide will teach you how to: • Create a successful business by discovering and defining your larger purpose • Use your unique perspectives and abilities to enhance the lives of others • Deftly handle everyday obstacles and unplanned events • Develop an open mindset and embrace innovation and new possibilities • Inspire your staff to connect to a purpose greater than day-to-day work, and more Filled with helpful tips, smart strategies, and no-nonsense advice, this book is essential reading for anyone who has ever dreamed of creating a thriving, purpose-driven business. The author is living proof that when you’re doing what you love, it may not seem like work at all.
FIND THE BEAT
CHAPTER 1 Beginnings
CHAPTER 2 Listen. Trust. Act.
CHAPTER 3 Expect Resistance.
Do It Anyway.
MAINTAIN YOUR RHYTHM THROUGH
GROWTH AND CHANGE
CHAPTER 4 Watch for Cues, Signs,
CHAPTER 5 Growing Organically, Going
Viral . . . and Global
CHAPTER 6 Be a Rebel
CHAPTER 7 Hard Yeses, Flexible Nos, and
the Magical Power of Why Not?
CHAPTER 8 Create a Purposeful Culture
CHAPTER 9 Cultivate Your Customer
CHAPTER 10 Assessing Expectations,
CHAPTER 11 The Joy of Giving Back
CHAPTER 12 Secrets to Our Longevity
HARMONIZE YOUR BODY, MIND,
CHAPTER 13 Make the Body-Mind-Spirit
CHAPTER 14 Keep Moving Forward
NOTE TO MY GRANDDAUGHTERS
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources