AM GOV, 7th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
AMGOV brings clarity to the story of people’s relationship to government and the importance of an active and informed citizenry. Its design provides a cutting-edge approach to American Politics, and its technology components offer an active learning environment, making the study of democracy meaningful.
2 The Constitution: The Foundation of Citizens’ Rights
3 Federalism: Citizenship and the Dispersal Of Power
4 Civil Liberties: Citizens’ Rights versus Security
5 Civil Rights: Toward a More Equal Citizenry
6 Public Opinion
7 Political Participation: Equal Opportunities and Unequal Voices
8 Interest Groups in America
9 Parties and Political Campaigns: Putting Democracy into Action
10 Media: Tuning In or Tuning Out
11 Congress: Doing the People’s Business
12 The Presidency: Power and the Presidency
13 Bureaucracy: Citizens as Owners and Consumers
14 The Courts: Judicial Power in a Democratic Setting
15 Public Policy: Responding to Citizens
16 Foreign and Defense Policy: Protecting American Interests in the World
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources